Position Title: Building Assistant
Supervisor: Facilities and Services Coordinator
Dumbarton Oaks seeks responsible individual to perform a variety of duties which include custodial, housekeeping, and cleaning; event set-up, service, breakdown, and clean-up; and other related duties as assigned. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) and an essential employee position. The schedule requires weekend and from time to time after hours work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs daily cleaning tasks in assigned areas. These include trash and recycling disposal, floor care, and cleaning offices, bathrooms, kitchens and other common areas.
- Performs all aspects of housekeeping in the guest houses and other assigned areas such as changing bed linens, towels, and washing all linens; cleaning and stocking bathrooms; vacuuming; dusting rooms, etc.
- Reports required maintenance items to supervisor.
- Damp mops, vacuums, or buffs floors as directed.
- Performs heavy cleaning as necessary in assigned areas or as directed by supervisor; may include washing windows, gutter cleaning, and roof top debris removal, etc.
- Cleans and stocks restrooms.
- Sets up and replaces furniture for symposia, colloquia, concerts, lectures, receptions, etc.
- Will assist with distribution of mail.
- Will assist with copy machine issues as needed
- Will stock, clean, and maintain coffee stations in the break rooms.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High School diploma or equivalent and ability to read and speak English required. Experience in custodial, housekeeping work, hospitality industry, cleaning and catering services within a museum, library or historic setting is highly preferred.
Must have flexible schedule and be able to perform the physical duties of the position, including but not limited to the ability to move heavy furniture; stand for up to 3 consecutive hours during service work at events; kneel, bend, stoop, climb, push, pull, climb a ladder and lift up to 70 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. A valid Driver's License is highly preferred.
This position is open until July 31, 2015. Eligible candidates should send their resumes to HumanResources@doaks.org .