During your visit, please observe the following rules and precautions:
- Help up preserve our plants: please stay on paths whenever possible and do not climb on the trees or disturb the plantings.
- Children must be supervised by adults.
- Visitors may not bring animals into the gardens; service animals are permitted.
- Picnicking is not permitted in the gardens (Montrose Park, a public park, is to the east on R Street).
- Photography is permitted for personal use only. Dumbarton Oaks reserves the right to withhold or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises at any time. Please note:
- No tripods, lighting, or other bulky equipment.
- No commercial, promotional, or professional photography.
- No special event photography, including engagement or wedding photo sessions.