- Beatrix Farrand to Mildred Bliss, June 19, 1945
- Beatrix Farrand
- Mildred Barnes Bliss
- Date Written
- Garden Area
Beatrix Farrand to Mildred Bliss, June 19, 1945 discussing her grief over Max Farrand's death and inability to talk to those close to her. She reports the "little funeral" will have rare Chinese rhododendrons in the two vases given to her by the Mildred and Robert Bliss on Beatrix and Max Farrand's 25th anniversary. She feels she has hurt Mildred Bliss by not having her come to Reef Point and asks for forgiveness.
Handwritten letter with signature on Beatrix Farrand's Reef Point, Bar Harbor, Maine folded notecard.
Letter received, "25/6/45" [June 6, 1945].
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- B:BF 1945.06.19
- Related Items
- Work Types
- Farrand, Max, 1869-1945
- Bliss, Mildred, 1879-1969
- letters (correspondence)
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C.)
- Index Terms
- Bliss, Mildred → gifts by → of vases for Farrand's 25th anniversary
- Bliss, Mildred → MxF's death and → BF's need to be alone after
- Farrand, Beatrix → MxF's death and → need to be alone after
- Farrand, Max → death of → BF's need to be alone after