- Beatrix Farrand to Mildred Bliss, October 22, 1944
- Beatrix Farrand
- Mildred Barnes Bliss
- Date Written
- Garden Area
Discusses Beatrix Farrand's canceling of her visit to Dumbarton Oaks due to neuritis in her right hand and her feeling "bitter disappointment." Beatrix and Max Farrand plan to be in Boston for a medical check up. Suggests the possibility of James Bryce coming to Boston to see her to discuss postcards and vegetable growing and make time sensitive decisions.
Typewritten letter on Beatrix Farrand's letterhead.
Beatrix Farrand extends apologies for unsigned letter.
Letter received at Dumbarton Oaks, October 24, 1944.
Carbon copy of letter also in Collection.
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- B:BF 1944.10.22
- Related Items
- Work Types
- travel delays
- Boston (Mass.)
- Walter, Clementine
- Thacher, John
- Bryce, James
- hands (animal or human components)
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- letters (correspondence)
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C),
- Index Terms
- Farrand, Beatrix → illnesses of → right hand neuritis
- Farrand, Beatrix, scheduling → 1944, Oct. at DO → neuritis in right hand and