- Isabelle Stover to Anne Sweeney, April 8, 1948
- Alternate Title
- Letter from Isabelle Stover to Anne Sweeney, April 8, 1948
- Isabelle M. Stover
- Anne Sweeney
- Associated Name
- Beatrix Farrand
- Date Written
- Garden Area
- Garden Library and Ribbon Walk
Typewritten letter mentions the Massachusetts Horticultural Society book list with marks by Isabelle M. Stover in blue pencil showing those Beatrix Farrand thinks Dumbarton Oaks should have for the library. She especially notes: "The Repton No. 434; No. 181 Gerarde and 350 Markham on Clematis."
On Beatrix Farrand's Reef Point, Bar Harbor, Maine letterhead with handwritten signature of Isabelle M. Stover in ink.
On typewritten correction noted.
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- B:IMS 1948.04.08
- Related Items
- Massachusetts Horticultural Society. Library
- Dumbarton Oaks
- libraries (institutions)
- Gerard, John, 1545-1612. Herball
- Farrand, Beatrix (1872-1959)
- Markham, Ernest, -1937. Clematis
- Manks, Dorothy St. John, 1896-
- Boston (Mass.)
- Reef Point Gardens (Bar Harbor, Me.)
- letters (correspondence)
- Repton, Humphry, 1752-1818. Observations on the theory and practice of landscape gardening
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C.)
- Index Terms
- The herball, or, Generall historie of plantes (Gerard) → BF recommends DO buy
- Gerard, John → The herball, or, Generall historie of plantes → BF recommends DO buy
- Massachusetts Horticultural Society → duplicate books for sale by → BF recommendations marked on
- Repton, Humphrey → title available from Mass. Hort. Society library → BF recommending No. 434