- Mildred Bliss's secretary to Ellis Russell, September 6, 1947
- Alternate Title
- Letter from Mildred Bliss's secretary to Ellis Russell, September 6, 1947
- Ellis Russell
- Associated Name
- Mildred Barnes Bliss
- Date Written
- Garden Area
- Garden Library and Ribbon Walk
Typewritten letter asking for Ellis Russell to send funds for library purchases and a yearly donation to the Arnold Arboretum to Beatrix Farrand when necessary.
Copy of original letter, unsigned. Probably created by Mildred Bliss's secretary on behalf of Mildred Bliss as the letter giving instructions to pay for books for the Dumbarton Oaks Garden Library. Mildred Bliss was working with Beatrix Farrand on the acquisition of books.
A copy of Beatrix Farrand's letter to Mildred Bliss, September 3, 1947 was enclosed, B:BF 1947.09.03.
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- B:MBsec 1947.09.06
- Related Items
- Work Types
- libraries (institutions)
- Arnold Arboretum
- Dumbarton Oaks
- Farrand, Beatrix (1872-1959)
- Bliss, Mildred, 1879-1969
- letters (correspondence)
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C.)
- Index Terms
- Arnold Arboretum → Friends group organized for → Russell to send amount for MB as requested
- Garden Library (Garden Center) → funding for → if more needed, Russell to send amount requested