- God's Regents on Earth: A Thousand Years of Byzantine Imperial Seals
- For over a thousand years the Byzantine Emperor ruled as God's regent of earth. The decisions of the individuals who sat on the throne had repercussions throughout the Byzantine world and far beyond. Decrees, letters, judgments, and commands left Constantinople every day signed by the emperor in red ink and secured with the imperial seal. The designs of the imperial seals provide an insight into the minds and policies of the rulers whose image they bore; they tell us not only how they wished to be viewed by the recipients of their letters, but also how they viewed themselves.
- The Byzantine Emperors on Coins
- One hundred twenty seven Byzantine coins, one for each Byzantine emperor, plus the few usurpers who struck coins are presented in this online exhibition. All the objects have been selected from the Dumbarton Oaks Byzantine Coin Collection in order to present the viewer with a glimpse into one of the largest Byzantine coin collections in the world.
- Leaden Gospels
- To accompany the 2013 Spring Symposium "New Testament in Byzantium," this exhibit presents and discusses several of the rare Byzantine lead seals from the collection that depict New Testament narrative scenes and figures.