L'Illustration

Paris, France (Publication)

L'Illustration was a French illustrated weekly newspaper published in Paris between 1843 and 1944 and between 1945 and 1955 under the name France-Illustration. The paper was published first at 33, rue de Seine, then at 60, rue de Richelieu, and finally at 13, rue Saint-Georges. It was printed first by the firm of Firmin Didot and later by the paper's own presses at Saint-Mande. In 1859, Jean Auguste Marc (1818–1886), an illustrator and manufacturer, became the owner, and the paper remained in his family's ownership until 1903.

L'Illustration Banner L'Illustration Banner