J. Salmon Limited

Sevenoaks, Kent, England, 1880–1939 (Printer, Publisher)

Joseph Salmon acquired his printing and stationer's shop in Sevenoaks at 85 High Street in 1880. His son, Joseph, took over the business in 1898, when his father retired, and branched into publishing. In the early twentieth century, the firm began publishing postcards, often employing photography and paintings by Charles Essenhigh Corke (18521922), who had a studio at 39 London Road. The firm became a limited company in 1930 and produced postcards until 1939, when the business transferred to Tubbs Hill.

J. Salmon Logo J. Salmon Logo

 

References

Anthony Byatt, Picture Postcards and their Publishers (Malvern: Golden Age Postcard Books, 1978), 239–42.